** http://www.JCTENNIS.com (formerly Tennis-8.com) **
Welcome tennis fans to my new domain!
So I always get asked this...what's the significance of 8..."or why the number 8?"
|Roger B-day is 08/08/81|
Born on August 8th or 08/08. Some things were just meant to be.
2) Top 8 players in the ATP Series compete in the year-ending Masters Championship.
Only the Top 8 players in the world (or any Grand Slam winner of that year) qualify to enter. Similar to the world cup, they play a round robin first part and then the top finishers of their group compete for the "Best of the Best" title of the year.
I will update the Top ATP players list on my home page periodically. This year the ATP Final will be in London.
3) The Number 8 is considered Lucky!
In places like Hong Kong and pronounced in the Cantonese language, it sounds phonetically like "wealth" or "prosperity" in Chinese. A recent June article of the NY Times reported:
"...that plates with an extra “8″ (a “lucky” number in Hong Kong) sold for 63.5 percent higher on average...."4) The NTRP System (US tennis rating)
The NTRP evaluates players on a scale between 1.0 (able to pick a racket) to 7.0 (Pro tour players in the top 50 of the world). So I can only aspire to be like Rafael Nadal - 8.0 =)
5) The Infinite Logo - Tennis Forever
You may notice I drive an Infiniti...which has a logo emblem resembling the infinity symbol (∞); the continual dual loops represent infinite continual motion. Also it looks sort of like a sideways "8" doesn't it?
I always thought: "Tennis Forever" had a nice ring to it.
Plus, why not let my car be the 330hp-mobile-advertising-unit...after all it beats driving around in the Google Van all day long, eh?
6) The word "Eight" and "Ace" are phonetically similar. I also have the nickname "DemiAce" or (partial/half Ace)...a term for "a serve which is only barely returnable - but only for an unforced error or put-away". Tennis8 ~ Tennis Ace
7) A Chess Board has 64 squares...which is 8^2 (squared). I am an avid chess player (Tennis8 on Chess.com)
8) "Tennis1" through "Tennis7" were taken already at the DMV.
I only wish I could own Tennis 1-9...nope, I'm not the Asian Tony Stark nor do I drive a personal fleet of sports cars! :-)
For the Best Deals and Reviews on Tennis, go to my new http://www.Tennis-Bargains.com site!!